Ian Hood, Chief Digital Officer
Committed to enablement
We're working hard to improve accessibility and enablement for our employees and customers with different abilities and health conditions - making adjustments and seeking opportunities to remove any barriers where we can. We're continually looking to ensure all our products and services are inclusive and accessible for our customers with disabilities and health conditions.
What we're doing about it
- We treat disability inclusion and wellbeing as a business priority.
- We promote accessibility and enablement for employee with different abilities and health conditions.
- We have Wellbeing Champions and Mental Health First Aiders to promote an open and supportive culture around mental health.
- We celebrate the business success stories of all our people, regardless of disability or health conditions.
- We uphold best practice digital accessibility standards for employees and customers.
- We’re active members of the Valuable 500, Purple Space and the Lord Mayor’s Appeal - This is Me.
- We're proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Leader Level 3 as part of the UK government scheme.
Meet Maddison Hartland, Senior Communications Manager
“I’ve always struggled with anxiety, but I didn’t think much of it until lockdown when I went to the doctors and found out I had OCD. To begin with I only let a few people on my team know, but I was invited to share my story for International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
I’m probably a really good example of looking fine from the outside and this helped open people's eyes to something of a taboo subject. I think it's great Fidelity gets involved with raising awareness and my Blog got such a good response. By letting me be myself, I don’t worry about my OCD and that allows me to do the best job I can.”