Bimal Patel - Senior CRM Solution Lead
Committed to cultural diversity
We celebrate our global workforce's cultural diversity and respect all cultures, nationalities, ethnicities and beliefs. These differences make us stronger and are critical to our success. Our inclusive practices (such as training, technology and awareness) allow us to work together effectively and are designed to bring out the best in each other.
What we're doing about it
- We’re measuring and tracking progress on increasing the cultural diversity of our workforce.
- We have set targets to increase the representation of Black colleagues in our workplace and especially at senior levels.
- We celebrate internal role models through our Diverse Leaders series.
- We’re raising awareness and celebrating our differences through events.
- We’re training colleagues to work effectively and building teams across different cultures.
- We’re working in partnership with the Community Business Diversity & Inclusion Asian Network.
- We’re participating in the Black British Business Awards - Talent Accelerator Programme to build a diverse pipeline of future leaders.
- We’re encouraging young Black people to consider careers in asset management through early careers programmes such as 100 Black Interns and the Catalyst After School Programme.
Meet Carol Fergus, Director, Global Travel Manager
“I don't think I have ever worked anywhere where I've been given so much autonomy. I was brought in to develop and broaden the global travel program and today we have a service and team to be really proud of. My hard work has not gone unnoticed and lead to my being promoted to a Director, where my role and responsibilities have expanded.
There has not been one day that I’ve felt that I’ve been judged negatively for either being a woman, or a person of colour in this position. My performance has only ever been reviewed and assessed in line with my ability to be able to carry out the task. If people feel empowered, then you get more motivated individuals, who feel confident to bring their best self to work. This creates a ripple effect and ultimately leads to a better customer experience.”
Nigell Todd awarded INvolve EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Future Leaders List #50
Nigell is a member of the LGBT+ Global Action Group, Global Lead for Enable and a member of Fidelity for Everyone at Fidelity International (FIL). He has introduced an LGBT+ Ally program within the Dublin office and upon becoming FIL’s Diversity and Inclusion Lead has been involved with organizing several global campaign events for awareness days such as International Women’s Day and Cultural Diversity. As the Global Lead for Enable, Nigell is tasked with improving accessibility and was successful in coordinating a global campaign for International Day of Person’s with Disabilities. As an OUTstanding Mentor and providing industry thought leadership, Nigell is a champion of diversity in the workplace and beyond.Find out more about the award
Our 2020 Cultural Diversity Action Plan set out our commitments to improve ethnic and cultural diversity and foster an inclusive culture. We're not finished yet, but actions speak louder than words. And we're proud to share our progress.View our 2021 report