Derek Young, President Japan
Committed to LGBT+
We embrace our LGBT+ communities, clients and employees globally. We recognise our people perform and collaborate better when they can be their true selves which frees them to help design and deliver LGBT+ inclusive products, services and customer journeys.
What we're doing about it
- We’re delivering improvements across our customer offering and servicing - including Environment, Social and Governance funds and investing.
- We’re supporting the procurement function with establishing sustainable supply chain code of conduct.
- We’re a signatory of the UN LGBT+ Standards of Conduct for Business.
- We encourage our people to participate in Pride events all around the world.
- We have a Global Allies programme to engage everyone in ensuring LGBT+ inclusion.
- We ensure people policies, processes, benefits and training are inclusive of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- We promote visible LGBT+ role models and allies internally and externally.
Meet Ember Overal, Service Specialist in Client Services
"So, let’s start things off. We’ve changed our name. I’m Ember.
There’ll be a lot of changes for you in the pipeline. And honestly, most of those aren’t changes so much as recognising things about yourself. We’re trans, and we don’t realise it until we’re getting into our late 20s."
Read Ember Overal's letter to her younger self, where she talks about her journey so far - including how she realised she was trans.
Stonewall Global Workplace Equality Index
LGBT Great - Gold Standard award 2023
For LGBT+ Equality within Financial Services.